Registered Patent Attorney, CPA
MS Computer Science
Jill Welytok is a registered patent attorney and CPA, and currently represents over one hundred patent and trademark clients with interests in 53 countries. Jill serves a diverse client base including the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command (SPAWAR), and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) and entrepreneurial start-ups which have obtained investment capital.
She holds a J.D. from DePaul University in Chicago, where she was on the Law Review, and a Master’s Degree in Computer Science from Marquette University. Jill was formerly a tax consultant with the predecessor firm to Ernst & Young where she gained business and financial expertise prior to practicing in the areas of patent prosecution and intellectual property litigation.
Jill is the author of several internationally published books on intellectual property, tax, and technology related topics, which have been recognized by members of the U.S. Senate and the former Chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission. Her books include The Entrepreneur’s Guide to Patents, Copyrights, Trademarks, Trade Secrets and Licensing and Sarbanes-Oxley for Dummies.
Exemplary Issued and Pending Patents
- Advanced filtration membranes using chitosan and graphene oxide
- Method of recycling chitosan and graphene oxide compound
- In situ testing apparatus for detecting and removing munitions compounds from water
- Amine functionalized chitin for removing munitions compounds from solutions
- Sediment capping layer constructed from sand adhered sorbent material
- Predictive Aquaculture Modeling
- System for multi-criteria decision analysis
- Predictive environmental modeling system
- Comprehensive, multi-species environmental modeling system
- System for modeling intelligent sensor selection and placement
- System for modeling wave propagation and sensor performance using signal features
- Remote measurement of blast wave propagation
- Method of processing full motion video data for photogrammetric reconstruction
- Photogrammetric point cloud compression for tactical networks
- Acoustic wave trunnion rod crack detection system
- Acoustic testing system with highly conductive transducer/rod-end interface
- High volume air stream water recovery system
- Fluid generator system
- Code compliant residential structure for assembly by end user
- Anti-ballistic shelter
- Modular anti-ballistic shelter system
- Concrete delivery system
- Printable concrete composition
- Predictive model for optimizing facility usage
- Computer architecture for predictive modeling of deterioration of individual components using heterogenous inspection records
- System for processing multi-level condition data to achieve standardized prioritization
- Forklift adaptive accessory
- Contactless ion concentration method and apparatus using nanoporous membrane with applied potential
- Multi-channel electrokinetic purification device
- Lanthanide and silicon-based nanoparticle pressure sensor and system
- Self-regenerating biofilter
- Polymer supercapacitor and method of manufacture
- Rapid in situ testing for environmental contamination
- DNA-based testing for environmental contamination
- Incrementally adjustable fluid control system
- Electronically collimated gamma radiation detector
- Nanocomposite optical strain gauge
- Process for using swellable & collapsible lipophilic super-absorbent polymer gels to clean surfaces
- In situ alkaline hydrolysis of subsurface contaminants using gaseous reagents
- Photogrammetric soil density system and method
- Predictive soil analysis
- Water quality analysis system and method
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) Marshall Space Flight Center
- US Geological Survey (USGS), US Department of the Interior
- US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), US Department of the Army
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), US Department of Commerce
- Naval Postgraduate School (NPS), US Department of Defense
- Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command (SPAWAR) Systems Center Pacific (SSC Pacific), US Department of Defense
- Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC), US Department of Defense
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), US Department of Commerce
- Naval Surface Warfare Center – Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD), US Department of Defense
- National Institutes of Health (NIH), US Department of Health and Human Services
- Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), US Department of Transportation
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS), US Department of the Treasury
- US Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
- Bradshaw Medical
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory (Fermilab), US Department of Energy
- SAM Electronics, Inc.
- Maranda Enterprises, LLC
- BCA Industries, Inc.
- EastStar Solutions, Ltd. (Mojo Moxy Brand Division)
- Cui Enterprises, Ltd. (China)
- American Ornamental Iron, Inc.
- Barefoot International, Inc.
Exemplary Litigation and Recovery Projects
Identified $21 million of recoverable works for out-of-scope work for National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Identified unpaid royalties for overseas assembly operations spanning 10 years for National Institutes of Health.
Negotiated and settled copyright litigation matters involving the music and movie industries.
Identified more than $86 million of recoverable funds under complex technology contracts for private and government clients.
Jill is admitted to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, the U.S. District Tax Court and in Illinois and Wisconsin.