Registered Patent Agent
Ph.D. – Microbiology and Immunology
Natasha Sansone is registered to practice before the USPTO. She holds a Ph.D. in Microbiology and Immunology from the University of Illinois at Chicago, and a B.A. in Biological Sciences from the University of Chicago. She has assisted with patent application preparation for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) and has prepared office action responses for USACE and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
Dr. Sansone has conducted research in the fields of virology, bacterial genetics, structural biochemistry, neuroscience and mathematical modeling. She has utilized techniques that include cell culture, gene editing, DNA and RNA isolation and quantification, immuno-staining, confocal microscopy, X-ray crystallography, differential equation modeling, structural equation modeling, small-world network analysis, and statistical analysis.
Areas of Expertise:
- Biomedical informatics and bioinformatics
- Diagnostic testing products for biomarkers
- Detecting presence of pathogenic agents
- Regenerative cellular therapeutics
- Advanced medical diagnostic testing and instrumentation
- US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE), US Department of the Army
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), US Department of Commerce
- Bristol Meyers Squibb